Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Exciting News....Kinda

Well folks, the end of the world must be near because I am substitute teaching for Tyler's Kindergarten class tomorrow! I'm a little scared about it, but also excited to see how I will do. The teacher left a very detailed lesson plan so everything should be ok; and since I work at the school as an aide I already know all the kids and their names. Last year I subbed for the two-year-old class and that was hell on earth. I have since recommended their teacher for sainthood. The woman finger paints with eight two-year-olds. Now that's a miracle!!

In other news I went to our local library to a FREE card making class. It was fun, and it was nice to be told, "Glue this here, stamp this, cut this here, etc..." I like to be creative and make things of my own design, but it's also nice to not have to think so much. We made two cards and a bookmark and I got 2 hours of no kids!! (Half an hour was spent at the grocery store buying diapers and other neccesities before the coupons expired.) I think it was well worth the ten dollars I had to pay the babysitter. Actually, just going to the store without kids was worth the ten dollars. :-)

2 comments:

Marytoo said...

Can't wait to hear how this came out.

Nicki Perry said...

I love you.